Bone conduction
Archer
2016-12-19 15:27:53 UTC
Hi Folks

I have encountered a strange problem. For the past few weeks I am unable to hear
myself when I am not using the aid. Without the aid I do not know how loud I am
talking.

I hear myslef only when I wear the aid or if I cup my hands to direct the sound
to the ear.

Anyone has similar experience?
Archer
masonc
2016-12-19 19:27:08 UTC
Post by Archer
Hi Folks
I have encountered a strange problem. For the past few weeks I am unable to hear
myself when I am not using the aid. Without the aid I do not know how loud I am
talking.
I hear myslef only when I wear the aid or if I cup my hands to direct the sound
to the ear.
Anyone has similar experience?
Usenet is an antique, dying internet blessing.
For hearing aids there is now a good forum at:

http://www.hearingaidforums.com/

It is sponsored by a battery company and they are
not being obnoxious about it. So buy their batteries.

(and we could all do worse than move to that forum)

( NOTE Dec19, 2016 I received a warning from my browser and
ignored it. I have no idea why there was a warning.)

By the way, I am impressed by the low-cost
Siemens aids: numbers like "12sp, 23sp"
I'm wearing one now while my very good America Hears
aid is in for repair. Not an equal, by far, but a useful
substitute for me. For some it might be adequate and
the price ($150-$300 range) is attractive to try.
MasonC http://frontal-lobe.info
h2o2wine
2017-01-03 08:08:20 UTC
And yet - strangely, here you are in a Usenet group, being completely unhelpful. Go figure...