Open Fit BTE v Earmolds
Ian Scott
2016-04-25 18:08:00 UTC
I wear 2 Siemens open fit BTE aids. They are digital and are programmed for my everyday life. One program is background noise reduction, but even with the aids on this setting I still get disturbed by soft background noise such as air conditioning.

Has anyone here had the same issue and then gone from open ear fittings to having earmolds?

What was your experience? Did having molds improve things in such a situation?

All sensible advice is welcome.
dsi1
2016-04-26 16:00:45 UTC
Post by Ian Scott
I wear 2 Siemens open fit BTE aids. They are digital and are programmed for my everyday life. One program is background noise reduction, but even with the aids on this setting I still get disturbed by soft background noise such as air conditioning.
Has anyone here had the same issue and then gone from open ear fittings to having earmolds?
What was your experience? Did having molds improve things in such a situation?
All sensible advice is welcome.
Generally, reducing the low frequency amplification will reduce background noise from fans. If you still have that problem, reduce the amplification below a 1000 Hz. If you still have problems reduce the overall gain.

Earmolds probably won't improve the situation since they generally increase the frequency response in the low frequencies i.e., noise.